Thursday, November 27, 2008

As days grow shorter, so does my time here in Kingsburg. For the majority of my life, Ive lived in this town, in this house, in this room. In about a month, I will leave it all. Until then, I will enjoy small town life and all the people in it.

As it is fitting, I see it necessary to be thankful. We say it every year, that it is something we take for granted, and we really do. At least we have Thanksgiving once a year to remember and make us feel like better people. I, too, will feel a sudden lightness once I share what I am thankful for.


(Am I the only one to notice that the only things we are ever thankful for are f-words?)

1. Family. Mum and Pop are incredibly supportive in whatever I do, including moving to the city, going vegan, and other crazy things I do. My sister is a cutie, but Ill never admit it. I like her better than anyone, and not just because she looks like me. The extended fam has been great this year too. I usually dont see alot of them, but the last few months was an exception and its been fun.

2. Food. A slice of warm, vegan apple pie is hard to find on your everyday menu so when you find it, be thankful.

3. Friends. I wont say names, but if weve ever shared a pot of tea and a smile, Im talking about you.

4. Fone. I love my iphone.

5. Former and Future love interests. Ahh those boys. I wouldnt be who I am without you guys. You have helped mold me into the woman I am today, and for that I am greatful. I just love you all. (but not in-love :])


I ran out of F-words, but Im thankful for all that and so much more. Take a second out of your day and reflect on all your f-words, and why youre thankful for them.

No comments: