Friday, April 23, 2010

Home and Away.

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic bean buyer. If you're a pretender come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -Shel Silverstein


After moving home this quarter, I feel limited in what I can do. I like my contract work on children's literature, very much so actually, but I feel like it isnt enough. Living in my parent's house is quite pleasant, as they are very loving people and good conversationalists. But living in the town where I grew up is too easy. I dont feel challenged. I dont meet new people often enough. Im not afraid to go places anymore. I feel so familiar with the dynamics of every piece of this town, and Im not okay with being complacent. I need out again, and do something grand. I want to live somewhere big, where I have to worry about getting lost on a bus. Kingsburg itself hold nothing for me anymore.


For some reason as of late, I've felt the urge to live in New York. The Holy Grail as far as opportunities go. Its the biggest, scariest place I can think of on the continent, and Im set on going there, hopefully this summer. I can think of no better thing to do between now and fall. I imagine that I could live in a city, I would be about to sit and write in a different coffeeshop everyday.


How grand!

No comments: