Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Taking time off.

I wish I were in school. I wish I were living in Olympia right now. Classes started up at The Evergreen State College this week. All my friends are now secure in their programs, all set for fall quarter and how I wish I were too. Instead I am working two jobs, one of which I love. The other I merely tolerate, but I manage. In total, I find myself working about 60 hours a week in addition to 28 hours on call time. I find myself to be physically exhausted most of the time and though two paychecks every other friday don't exactly make up for it, it is nice knowing that when I go back to school next year I'll worry less about money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You switch schools as frequently as I do, it seems. I was in Olympia last Spring, but now I'm back in Portland, going to school part-time, and working like a crazy person at a job I loathe.

What is the job you like?

Anonymous said...

Never mind, I just realized there was a second post. That looks like a fantastic job. Good for you!