Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cupgaykes.

I baked today. I made a batch of mini cupcakes (which I ate waay too many of, like 6) and when I was done, I realized I had extra batter. So with that, food dyes, and some meticulosity and patience, this was the result:








Cute right? Two jumbo cupcakes. If you look a little closer, you can see them for what they really are...






Rainbow Cupcakes! I cant take all credit for them, cause I'd seen someone else's on flickr. But I love how vibrant the color turned out! I just wish that they hadnt risen so much, other wise they would have been perfectly layered (much like a certain flag I've been seeing everywhere lately...)




I had to take a bite, just for the picture. I couldnt eat a whole one if I tried. But Im hoping I can make a bunch of these and try peddling them off at any LGBT events.
:]









6 comments:

SLJ said...

Those are pretty!
You could possible make a sheetcake and cut thick slices to lay on their sides so all the colors are visible. Then decorate the middle. I know that isn't cupcakes, but it would show off the layering!

WillowLakeScents said...

Soooooo pretty!

Nathan Michael Alexander said...

Oh my god.
Those are AMAZING!

I am so proud of your genius, and Carlos and I must taste one of your delicious cupgaykes!

:]:]:]

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, those are amazing! cupgaykes...hehehe

silverhartgirl said...

Those look so happy and colorful

Promise Newell said...

Oh my goodness.

Those are marvelous.

Very clever ;)