Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 3

I swear Ill get better blog titles as my time progresses. Anyway, today was my third interview at Bubba Gumps, and I have orientation on Friday! I was so excited that I went out and bought the required work shoes, so hopefully I can start on Saturday!

My interview was at 10am, and I am determined to learn how to ride the buses, so I had to leave my house by 8:30. I walked the few blocks to the bus station and I stood there, pretty confident that I had a route all mapped out. I hoped on the bus when it came, paid my fare, and took my seat and settled in for what should have been a six minute ride. After about ten minutes, the nerves set in. I quickly checked the iphone map application and found the bus I had boarded was going the wrong direction. Crap. I offboarded, realizing I had taking the right bus line, just the one traveling the opposite direction that I needed to go. Although I would have gotten to my destination eventually, it would have taken at least a couple hours and by then I would have missed my interview.

Realizing my mistake, I hopped off the bus near the 24th and mission BART station and rushed down there, not wasting any time. I knew if I got off at embarcadero, its a two mile walk to pier 39. Not a great thing, especially in the shoes I was wearing, but it was better than blindly trying to navigate my way throught the San Francisco city bus system. So, after another freezing cold walk down to the pier (a repeat of part of yesterday's walk, only this time it wasnt raining) I made it to the pier by 9:40.

Needless to say, I made the interview, got the job, and on the way home I treated myself with a new book from this awesome local bookstore (which has live jazz every friday) and a pint of Ben and Jerry's Smores ice cream from the Canyon Market.

:] Good day...err, apart from getting lost on the bus.

No comments: