Saturday, February 28, 2009

My newest obsessions.

As I may have mentioned before, I go through certain phases that hit me hard. I think about the subject, talk about it, and lastly, blog about it. Here are a few of my latest obsessions.

1. Blog contests-Goodness! I love these! I didnt even know that they existed until recently! I dont remember how I happened upon them, but apparently there are tons of blogs that host giveaways, be it for advertising for a new product or just because. Many times companies or small businesses will contact a blogger with a decent number of readers and offer a free giveaway, in hopes of gaining new customers. Anyhow, I've seen contests offering anything from books and jewelry to lingerie and cruises. So far I've won a clay monkey (kinda weird), a book, and a t-shirt. I enter more everyday and I think its turning into a sickness...

2. Etsy-If you've never been to etsy.com, you are sorely missing out. Etsy's slogan is "Your place to buy and sell all things handmade." And thats exactly what it is! It links people from all over earth who still believe in the power and quality of handmade and homemade items. Check it out! Anyone can purchase anything, and you buy directly from the individual seller. You can also create a webstore for free, and cost a $0.20 listing fee for each item and a 3% transaction fee if your item sells! Its a great website that I wholeheartedly recomend. Even I have my own etsy shop located at http://www.chela393.etsy.com/ where I market my cupcakes and frosting shots.

3. Cupcakes-Okay, maybe its not a new obsession, but I still love 'em. I read blogs about them, dream about them, look at them, and make them. I can't quit them...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you.
Cupcakes rule the pastry kingdom!
If I could have a living one that talked to me and hungout with me, I'd be set. We'd have inside jokes, the whole bit.

Anonymous said...

Omg! R YOU BACK??!!!