Thursday, March 26, 2009

By: Yours Truly

I think Im going to self publish this blog for myself. I havent written in a journal for a long time, but I do blog. I love writing, but I am picky about it. For example, I dont like writing at home. I much prefer a public place, even if its just Starbucks. I miss that about living in San Francisco, there was a thousand cafes literally a bus ride away. I am also very picky about what I write on. I can pick up my laptop and type away, but if Im using a pen on paper then I choose my words carefully, and often scribble out my mistakes. I desperately wish I had a beautiful leather journal, but I fear that if I did that I wouldnt write in it. I wouldnt want the scrawled handwriting and slashed out words. I would feel my writing wouldnt be worthy of the journal, and it would sit on a shelf gathering dust. Lastly, I will not write without a good pen. Not a crappy BIC that come ten to a pack, oh no. I need one that you must click down. Not only that, but the ink must flow freely, like my thoughts.



I have a few journals, the earliest dating back to 6th grade. Most of them are comical really, and address issues such as going to the movies, dogs having puppies, and writing anonymous love letters to boys at summer camp. They have since progressed, but lately I havent found the time (or desire) to start up again. So I will do this. I dont want a huge gap in the time where I didnt journal, so I will make a book. There are certain websites where for pretty cheap, I can format my own novel.

Its not exactly the same as being published, but its a start.

No comments: