Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Friday the 13th.

For a day dubbed unlucky, Friday turned out to be a pretty awesome one. My mother called me to let me know I got an acceptance letter from Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington. I was and still am terribly excited, as it is my first choice college.

Since I was 15 I dreamed of going to this school, and had nearly put it out of my mind after I decided to graduate high school early. I applied sort of on a whim, thinking that my not-so-hot grades would prevent me from getting in, but God smiled on me. Now my dilemma is the cost. I havent been a resident of Washington state since 1994, so I shall be forced to pay out of state fees and tuition, estimated at $27,672 as per the Evergreen website. Note that that is a yearly total, not for all four years.

Needless to say, I am going to do everything I can to pay for as much of my education as possible. That includes moving back to the valley and getting a job or two, besides applying for scholarships and filling cupcake orders. Noo more San Francisco. I've had a great run, but its the wrong time to live here. Almost like breaking up with someone, I feel the need to tell the city the standard "Its not you, its me..." line.

So if youre in Kingsburg, expect to see me around town soon. And if youre in San Francisco, order a dozen cupcakes before I pack up. I need the money.

:]

No comments: